Sunday 9 September 2012

More of my Disney Trip Report

And here is Part 3 of our trip report.

One thing I forgot to mention about at Hollywood Studios in my last part, was the Drawing Studio class. We got to try drawing Tinkerbell. Loved this so much! I will post a pic of my attempt. Getting to walk through One Man's Dream was also so sweet. Tears up some at the movie they showed us. Walt Disney has always been one of my hero's! And over near the drawing class we found Sorcerer Mickey and the Incredibles for some great photo opportunity. We found so many characters for pictures this trip.







Anyways the morning after catching Illuminations at Epcot we decided to sleep in, take our time and relax by the Fantansia pool. It was starting to get busy since it was close to the last holiday weekend of the summer.

We pretty much stay at the pool until about noon. Then we decided to hit Typhoon Lagoon. Another first for us. We had a great time, loved the slides and the lazy river was so relaxing. The wave pool was huge! And the waves really can knock you right over. Hubby had a great time laughing his bum off at me running from them. Great way to beat the heat. My husband is a huge fan of water parks and slides. He prefers them to roller coasters. Where as I am the opposite. I am like a cat when you stick me in water. So I was in the lazy river much of the time.
We did however brave the Shark Reef, the snorkel attraction with the sharks and tropical fish. Were we ever shocked to find out how -cold- the water was. For two people who have never snorkled or really swam much in the ocean before it was a bit of a shock. Thankfully the life guards were very patient and kind.
Lockers were a bit of a necessity while at both of the water parks. and I would recommend them to anyone. It just helped give me a piece of mind that our stuff was safe. We did leave out towel, sunscreen, flip flops and other less expensive beach items at our lounge chairs. And come to find out they were safe and sound even after going around the whole park for a couple hours. Sun screen was a must for that day and most days while we were on this trip. It was -hot- and as you can see from the pics, I am pretty fair skinned. Unlike my lovely tanned husband.


Please excuse the awful pic. Sun was in my eyes! lol

After our day at the water park we headed back to the resort. One thing we have found that e love about Disney was the transportation around the property. We love not have to worry about driving anywhere. Most of the bus drivers are quite friendly and fun to talk to as well.

That night we went to the Magic Kingdom for dinner at our all time favorite Quick Service dinning location. Cosmic Ray's Intergalatic Cafe. We found this place last trip and the food there has always been great for us. We did work up an appetite all day!


This is usually what we order. Yummy mashed potatoes and green beans with my chicken and ribs. My husband went for the french fries instead. And the most ridiculously decadent chocolate cake for dessert.

Before dinner I grabbed a Fast Pass for Space Mountain. Still had some time left until it was my turn so we rode the People Mover which is hubby's fav ride in all of Disney. As I stated before he does not like roller coasters. So a slow easy ride is perfect for him. Then it was off to Space Mountain for me on my own. I have not been on this ride for at least five years. I skipped out on it last visit because we were doing other rides in the park. I forgot how jerky and sharp the turns were on the ride. Since this was my first real coaster of the trip it shocked me. Must be a sign I am getting older because I hurt a bit afterwards. Nothing too seriously afterwards, but it really did make me rethink going on it again. Which saddens me because as a youngster, I -loved- that ride.

The whole purpose of going to MK for the night was to catch The Magic, The Memories and You projection show on the castle. We had not seen that before. Followed by our Wishes! the fireworks show which we love. Found a great spot off to the left in front of the castle and it is a good thing we did. It became very crowded for both shows. I still get tears up with the music from the fireworks shows. And I have seen it several times. After the show we found an empty bench and just relaxed while the crowds headed out. It was so peaceful and quiet when we did finally leave. Kind of a treat to get to see MK like that. Waiting like that also made sure we found a seat on our bus and it wasn't crowded. Something I would recommend to anyone.





Coming soon Trip Report 4. We venture off property to Sea World on the bright pink Lynx bus Route 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment