Thursday 15 December 2011

Goodbye Old Friends...

What a sad day.  In fact what a sad and not so great year it had been.  this year we have had to say goodbye to not one, but two family pets.  The first was our beloved Kiki Felicia in August of this year. 

She was the first pet Chuck and I ever had together.  A very beautiful, loving and amazing tabby cat that my husband gave to me as gift on our first Valentines together.  She ended up being the first for everything, and first to pass on.  We love her still so much and miss her.  To this day it is still hard to talk about her.  But we are slowly healing.

And then today my family's very loyal and wonderful yellow lab Windsor ended a very long and fulfilled life.  He made it to 16 years.  All of them spend in my parents home, running the land, tangling with coyotes, guarding the house and getting fed like a king.  Unfortunately the last few days Windsor had stopped eating and wasn't doing so well.  A trip to the vet's office told my Dad that he had to be put to sleep. 

Needless to saw it's been an emotional roller coaster of a day.  There have been tears and smiles as we remember an amazing dog that had a cheerful personality and strong sense of family. Love you Windsor!

Both of them will be in our hearts forever. 

1 comment:

  1. Saying goodbye to a pet can be just as hard as saying goodbye to a person. Here's something that helped me every time I've lost a pet: http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

    ReplyDelete