Wednesday 8 August 2012

Road Warrior to be

Had a pretty good day.  Got some driving practice in.  Beware all, I may just be brave enough to soon take my road test and officially drive the roads on my own.  Driving has never been a big deal for me.  If I sit down and think about it, it's probably because I have always had boyfriends with car that could drove me around.  Now I know that sounds bad, but in a way I have never had a need or want to drive myself.  But as I am getting older I have noticed how much I not only need to be able to drive myself.  But also how much I would like to have the freedom of not having to find a ride with someone.  Be it my husband or a friend or even my parents.  Who knows maybe I will get up the courage by the end of this year.

Actually the driving test is something that also scares me.  The thought of being in a small space with someone pretty much judging your every move.  And then they get to decided whether you can drive or not.  It's never wracking!  Here's hoping I can get past this soon.

1 comment:

  1. Just do it! I waited to get my licence until I was 27 and then didn't get a car until this year. As soon as I had the freedom to go where I wanted, when I wanted, I really wished that I had done it years earlier.

    It IS nerve-wracking, but you can do it! And then when you're legal, drive every day. I recommend commuting to work -- it forces you to get in the car and drive even if it scares you. Gotta pay the bills!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete